You are searching about How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles, today we will share with you article about How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles is useful to you.
Learning a Language: 6 Effective Ways to Use the Internet
There are many ways to learn a new language: you can go live in a country where the language is spoken, attend a formal language course, get a special language teacher or use books and materials. Other ways to learn a foreign language are listening to CDs or audiocassette tapes, watching TV, movies and video programs, memorizing phrase books, using the Internet or doing a combination of all of the above.
But not everyone can plan to live abroad. Native speakers will not be available. The written or recorded business information may not be available in your favorite language (Cochimi, Cibemba or Kukapa, anyone?) Indeed, many major languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese broadcast TV on the radio. Even Korean, Catalan, Arabic and Japanese have a place in the world; but most of the world’s thousands of people speak it just not outside of their regions. So what is the future polyglot to do?
One answer of course, is the internet. Plug “foreign language learning” into an internet search engine like Google or Yahoo and more than 62 million hits immediately. From Afrikaans to Punjabi, and Hebrew to Zulu, thousands of names lay before you at the click of a mouse. How exactly can the internet be used to tackle learning a foreign language? Start working efficiently by using these methods:
1. Do the initial assessment
The first thing you’ll want to know is where you are in terms of language learning. An initial language proficiency test is in order; Are you a beginner? False start? Average grade? Higher? Let’s take English as a second or foreign language as an example. The English proficiency test is free online at:
• General English Test with immediate results
• Parlo http://parlo.com/
(Diagnosis in English, Spanish, and French)
• Intermediate Test
If you score above 80% in this test, you must take the next one and show your teacher or teacher a copy of the results.
2. Know about language learning strategies
How did you learn? Knowing this can make the daunting task of learning a foreign language less of a study and hobby. Are you a Visual – Spatial learner who likes pictures, drawings, paintings and using lots of colors? The Music – the type of music that will benefit from having your advice and information set for music, music or music? Maybe you are the athletic type that would benefit more with learning through movement, movement, mime or even dance? Playing the works of Mozart in the background while studying has been shown to improve learning in many areas. To learn more about your education visit these sites for beginners:
• Explaining the Study Patterns [http://www2.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/ILSdir/styles.htm]
• Index of Learning Styles Questionnaire [http://www2.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/ILSdir/ilsweb.html]
• The Learning Process of Learning Technology [http://www.ttuhsc.edu/SOM/Success/LSTIntro.htm]
3. practice reading
Reading is one of the 21st century’s most important skills. After all, you are reading HERE right now, right? Few want to be fluent in their new foreign language so reading practice is essential. Online journals, magazines, newspapers and blogs can provide needed practice and learning materials. Check out these literacy websites:
• How to Read Your Guide Effectively
• Self-study reading http://www.english-to-go.com/
• Read the article in the following address:
In the space below, take the test to make sure you
4. Help improve listening skills
Arguably the most difficult of language skills to develop, listening skills cannot be taught. Instead, you have to practice, practice, practice and practice some more. Every week, twice a week I pass a vendor on the street at the same place, not sure what he is talking about. I know what he sells – I just look at his stuff. But his pleas in the Spanish way fell on my language-clogged ears for months. Then one night, without warning, it happened. Just two days before, his cry was the same unintelligible slur they had been making for months. That night though, when he put on his huckster’s spiel I suddenly understood every word. My sense of attention clicked in. Why? No one knows. Especially not me, and I’m a graduate school teacher!
Practice your listening skills with radio stations in your language for a change at http://www.live365.com which is available worldwide 24 hours a day in many languages.
Foreign radio on the internet and foreign radio in 27 European, 4 Middle Eastern, 9 Asian languages and audio feeds from 19 African countries are published on: http://www.multilingualbooks .com/online-radio.html
5. Play and have fun
Vocabulary is often called the building blocks of language. Knowledge of language is one thing that separates language learning levels. The more you know the subject, the better the communication. Here are some special speaking areas that help build your vocabulary while you “play”:
• The website http://www.manythings.org/ has “all things interesting for ESL students” such as songs, jokes, quizzes, word games, quizzes, slang and even podcasts to facilitate the acquisition of English.
• Foreign language courses at:
There are 27 languages such as Finnish, Mandarin and Quechua.
• On the Transparent Language website you can play in one of more than 100 languages from Afrikaans to Farsi or Guarani to Yoruba. And yes, they have Zulu too. Check out all their titles here: http://www.transparent.com/games/
6. So which language tickles your fancy?
When choosing language courses, tutorials, news feeds, music and other audio – the information found online is extensive, ALL world languages are simply not available. Sorry. But there are many and here is how to find yours if it is online.
• 108 FREE online foreign language courses posted at: http://www.word2word.com/coursead.html
• The PARLO language website offers English, Spanish, French and Italian courses at: [http://www.parlo.com/parlo21/home/courselist/courselist_en.asp]
• The EL Easton Language Institute offers 14 languages online from Albanian to Japanese, Latin to Croatian to Russian and Spanish. The site is available online at: http://eleaston.com/languages.html
• Many language courses for the world wide web are online for internships from the University of Hawaii here: [http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/lss/lang/nflrc.html]
Although the internet may not be the complete answer to your foreign language learning needs it can nevertheless be a useful resource in your efforts to habla español, parlez francaise , or sprechenze Deutcsh. The fame, money, self-esteem, envy and opportunities that often accompany learning a foreign language are unparalleled. Why don’t you start today to try out some great ways to use the Internet to learn languages. Be sure to read the companion article “Six Quick Tricks for Learning a Language” at: http://EzineArticles.com/?id=72718 By the way, if you find Cochimi, Cibemba or Kukapa, please let me know – I’m still watching.
Video about How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles
You can see more content about How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles
If you have any questions about How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles
How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles
way How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles
tutorial How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles
How Do You Learn The 3 Types Of Learning Styles free
#Learning #Language #Effective #Ways #Internet