You are searching about How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is, today we will share with you article about How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is is useful to you.
Spicing Up Your Winter Decor
Wintertime is the slow season in the world of interior design. In early winter folks tend to focus on the Holidays. Then they focus on taking down the holiday decorations and recuperating from the excess food and fun. Many people go into hibernating mode and some even get the winter blues. One useful way to keep spirits up is by taking the time in winter to update the look of your home. Take advantage of the slow season sales to replace anything that might need replacing and use these simple tools for spicing up my look to keep it warm and inviting and to infuse some life into the rooms that have become dull with time. Here are some suggestions for easy decorating to help you beat the winter blues:
• If you have the storage space, try keeping at least two versions of coordinating accent pieces, things like throw pillows, throws, bedding, vases, slipcovers, and/or other accents and accessories that make you feel good when you look at them. Choose these items in colors and patterns that make you feel warm and happy. Alternate the items every winter and summer to keep your space looking new and fresh.
• Try a different furniture layout. If your furniture and space allows, try moving things around a little. A new layout can help create a sense of interest and can make things feel new to you.
• Finish that un-finished project. Many of us have a room or space that just never gets done or that just does not have a function and becomes the dump-all room. Set the goal to tackle that room and make it into something that is useful and beautiful. My suggestion for completing such a project would be:
o Figure out a layout for the space
o Figure out a style or theme for the space
o Make a list of the items you need
o Make a plan for how you will complete this project.
o Set a budget – even if you aren’t sure of how much things cost, know how much you can comfortably afford to spend on the project.
o Check the Internet before going out to shop – you will be surprised what you can find on the Internet
o Don’t forget the accessories
o Don’t forget the windows – the most common problem I find among clients who have decorated a room but still feel that it is incomplete is that they have not paid attention to the windows. Whether you have contemporary or traditional taste, finish that room by addressing both the functional and aesthetic needs of your windows.
• Change your paint color or add some wallpaper. The color of your room has the biggest impact on how that room will make you feel. Pick paint colors that you love, that make you feel good when you are in their presence. Wallpaper is also a wonderful way to add some color, texture and or pattern to one wall or an entire room. Much like window treatments, it can help you unify your space, add punches of color and create focal points for your space. There are some beautiful wall covering products out there that are much easier to install and, if applied appropriately, much easier to take down if you decide a few years down the road that you want to update the look again.
• Recycle that old but still beautiful piece of furniture. Give older upholstery items a new look by choosing an updated fabric. Decide to refinish or paint that beat up wooden piece. It will give you something new to love while helping Mother Nature. If you are sure you do not want it, make room for something new and great by donating it so that someone else can enjoy it as much as you have or sell it to make a little money for a new great piece to replace it.
Winter time can be the perfect time to infuse your home with a new sense of style that can last all year long and can make you feel warm and comfortable inside, when the weather is not so warm outside. Taking on a winter project, no matter how big or small can help beat the winter blues and will move you towards the home of your dreams. Good luck spicing up your home decor this winter and that these tips are useful to you.
Video about How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is
You can see more content about How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is
If you have any questions about How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is
How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is
way How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is
tutorial How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is
How Do I Figure Out What My Interior Style Is free
#Spicing #Winter #Decor