You are searching about How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style, today we will share with you article about How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style is useful to you.
APA Paper Format – What Pages Do I Need With My APA Style Paper?
When compiling your thesis or dissertation, the APA Style guidelines specify certain types of pages, as well as formatting guidelines for those pages. I have included the primary pages you’ll need in your manuscript. Always start each of these sections on a new page. Most of them will only require one page.
* ABSTRACT. The second page in your APA style thesis should be the abstract page, which contains a 100- to 150-word summary of your paper. Do not include any of the main text on the abstract page. It will contain the page header, which is a two- or three-word summary of the title, in the upper right corner, just left of page number “2,” as the abstract page is always the second page. Do not indent the abstract and limit it to one paragraph. If you use numbers in the abstract, type them as digits, rather than words, unless the number starts a sentence.
* APPENDIX. Use the appendix, which is optional, to describe complex equipment or to present unpublished tests. Each appendix in your APA paper should appear on its own page, and use letters to differentiate each appendix, such as “Appendix A” and “Appendix B.” Some papers will not use an appendix page. Any appendix pages belong at the end of the paper.
* AUTHOR NOTE. In the author note page, which is optional, identify the departmental affiliation for the author. You also can include disclaimers, acknowledgements, and, if desired, contact information for the author. If you received funding for this research, identify it on the author note page. Place the author note page after the dedication page. With some instructors and institutions, this page is called the acknowledgments page.
* COPYRIGHT NOTICE. A copyright notice is an optional page in your APA paper; it signifies the paper is copyrighted material. Place a copyright page immediately after the title page. It should include the copyright symbol, the year of publication, the author’s name, and “all rights reserved.” Center all of the copyright text on the page.
* DEDICATION. A dedication page is an optional page similar to the author note page, and it allows you to dedicate your paper to someone. Place the dedication page after the copyright page. The dedication page does not need to include the word “Dedication” at the top; simply list your dedication in italics. Center it on the page.
* LIST OF TABLES AND LIST OF FIGURES. Only use a list of tables or a list of figures page if you have at least five tables or five figures in your APA paper. Both list pages should appear after the table of contents, with the list of tables page ahead of the list of figures page. List each table or figure with the appropriate title and page number, connected by a leader. Right-align the page number and left-align the title of each table or figure.
* MAIN TEXT. The main text always begins on page 3. Center the complete title above the beginning of the main text.
* REFERENCE LIST. Include your reference list after the main text page and ahead of the appendix page. The reference list page should include all works that you’ve cited in your paper, listed alphabetically. Rules for listing references under APA Style are specific, depending on the type of work, and you need to follow them closely. (We’ll discuss them in another article.)
* TABLE OF CONTENTS. The table of contents page should appear after the abstract page. It is an organized listing of the contents of the paper, providing page numbers to the various sections and headings in the paper. The reader can use the table of contents to jump to a particular section of the paper. When listing chapter headings in the table of contents, make sure they exactly match the chapter headings in the text. Use a leader to connect the chapter heading or section name (aligned on the left) with the page number (aligned on the right). Type “Table of Contents” centered at the top of the page.
* TITLE. The title page includes more than just the title. In the upper right corner, include the page header and page number “1,” as the title page is always the first page. Then center the title on the page. If the title requires more than one line, use double spacing. Include the author’s name and the author’s educational institution or the author’s home city and state.
Video about How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style
You can see more content about How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style
If you have any questions about How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 1611809 0
Search keywords How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style
How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style
way How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style
tutorial How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style
How Do I Create A Reference List In Apa Style free
#APA #Paper #Format #Pages #APA #Style #Paper